With COVID-19 concerns continuing to grow, here in Canada and around the world, the safety and health of our valued residents and team members is our top priority.
Social distancing is the best thing we can all do to fight the spread of the virus. Today, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau not only encouraged Canadians to practice social distancing, he had strong words for those who are not yet taking the global pandemic seriously:
“If you choose to ignore that advice; if you choose to get together with people or go to crowded places, you’re not just putting yourself at risk, but you’re putting others at risk too.”
Avenue Living is home to 20,000 people across the Prairies and we employ hundreds of team members. We take the health of everyone who lives or works in our Communities very seriously. Social distancing is a top priority in our personal efforts as a company, to flatten the overall curve.
We want to remind you about the remote options we have in place to help you do your part, for everyone’s sake:
- REMOTE PAYMENT OPTIONS – we offer a variety of flexible payment options, including electronic fund transfer, e-mail transfer, credit card by phone, mail-in cheques and online bank payments.
- REMOTE LEASE RENEWALS – residents with upcoming renewals are reminded by text to renew their leases and can receive their renewal documents to their email for an electronic signature, so no physical contact at all is required.
- REMOTE VIRTUAL VIEWINGS – prospective residents are encouraged to visit our website to enjoy our virtual tours. We also offer virtual viewings for available rental apartments through teleconferencing apps including ‘FaceTime’ and ‘Teams’.
- REMOTE PRAIRIE RELIEF TEAM – a team serving as a dedicated resource at this time of uncertainty for residents who have questions about their lease. Residents can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our help line (1-855-247-1492 extension 5) to speak with a member of our staff about your unique situation.
- COMMUNITY TASK FORCE – created to be there as a helping hand to our most vulnerable residents in need of assistance during this difficult time (i.e. help walking their dogs or help carrying their groceries). Please call us if you need support, or if you’d like to volunteer to be part of this task force in your community: COVIDemail@example.com.
As always, we are continuing to monitor the situation, and will adjust our pandemic protocols as needed in the best interests of the health, safety and well-being of our valued residents and our team members. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us in the contact details provided above.